Wednesday, September 23, 2009

first of many pretentious posts

So, last time I had a blog of any sort was during the xanga craze. Although at the time I thought I was quite witty, my blog was in fact, lame. Hopefully this one will be less lame. I've been obsessively looking through blogger's fashion blogs lately, and I'm just enough of a narcissist to think that perhaps someone will obsessively look through mine, should I have one. And so, after spending way too much time debating over clever names, here I am. Now this first photo is pretty terrible. Don't get me wrong, the outfit is fab. The photography skills however leave much to be desired. My dad took this picture because today was my first day of school. (Yeah, I'm 20 and in college. So?) We thought it would be funny, in an ironic sort of way. Who knows. Anyway, the tentative set-up of this blog is outfit of the day, wish list, and playlist/song of the day. Alright so here goes.. outfit of the day:

Note the cheesy smile. Like I said, lame 'first day' picture. Also I should probably add that although this is a blog about fashion, it isn't pricey fashion. The clothes I wear are really affordable. Personally, I don't think it matters at all how much something costs. Just because you own Tory Burch flats doesn't mean you have fashion sense. It means you have a lot of money. Not that I'm hating on money. Anyway, these feelings of animosity may or may not come from a school I recently transferred from where the girls' ideas of fashion was a Ralph Lauren polo with Nike gym shorts. Okay, on with my outfit: the peasant top is from Forever 21, high-waisted skirt is from Forever 21, boots are from Aldo. My jewelry is vintage. The scarab beetle bracelet was my grandma's: I really love it. It goes with so many outfits and it really adds interest. Note the old-fashioned catch. I think it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment