Friday, September 25, 2009

pointing to the sky


Really wanted to wear my new over-the-knee boots today. I'm turning into a real sucker for the 'little dress paired with cardigan' look. Also layering. I'm a little late on the layering trend I guess, but I never really knew how to make it work for me. White dress layered over green dress with rose printed cardigan (all from F21). Woven brown belt (borrowed from my mom! we share clothes a lot), gray boots from Charlotte Ruse (incredibly cheap compared to the pair I stared at for 2 weeks at Aldo!) and gray patterned tights. I believe they're Chinese Laundry. That brand has a lot of cute patterned tights and you can get them at places like Penney's or Macy's. I also jumped on the band wagon a little late with the 'belt cinching the dress look'. It seemed way too trendy to me and all the "cute girls" on campus had it as a wardrobe staple so I steered clear for a while; but as it turns out, it really solves my whole no hips/weird waist problem. So hurrah for me. By the way, "cute girl" is a sort of jargon that my friends and I created. Cute Girls are everywhere; they are your typical pink-loving, Notebook-watching, Audrey Hepburn poster-owning girls who frequent the tanning booth. Not that I'm judgmental of course...

You should listen to: Temporary Like Achilles by Bob Dylan

1 comment: